Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Other Side Of Life.



Once again, it's been awhile since i blogged, got rather lazy during this few weeks of working!! (Yes! i'm working, in case you didn't know)

Where am i situated?
Not alot of people know this area, i just heard of it when i was posted there..
One North - Fusionopolis,
Sister site of
One North - Biopolis,

What am i working as?
My job title is..Desktop engineer, (aka , IT technican, 2nd level IT help support, IT assistance, Printer Guy, and my favourite.. The "IT" Guy")

Who/What am i working for?

Ever Heard of A-Star?

Ever Heard of HP?

I bet you only know the latter..

i'm working for HP which is outsourced to Astar regarding IT Technical Support.

In case you don't know what Astar is..

It's Agency for Science, Technology and Research,
A government research organization, if you're interested, here's the link to their website..

How much do i get?
A measly 1k a month, divided by 20 work days, 8 hours a work (excluding OT)

which gives up a rough estimate of 7 an hour..

Why am i doing it?

Lol.. beats me!






Ha, i enjoy my work very much, given my rebel attitude, i;m actually given quite an allowance of freedom during my office hours.. While the job might bit tough when it comes to troubleshooting at times, i'm quite aware of the non-peak hours where i'm able to indulge myself in hours of research,msn and manga-ing, now which job allow you to do that!?! Just don't go complaining about the pay :P
Roughly,

My Job Scope revolves around User Technical problems and also deployment of IT asset to new employees..

But, overall.. you can just call me.. "The IT Guy"







Enough chatter, on to the photos :P


We ain't Da Vinci's.. but we get the job done!




The room, messy ain't it?




Colleague's Desk




My Desk ( I Notice, IT personal desks are never really neat..)


Our Little Sleeping Corner




Where it all happens, Astar..




Inside Out, View from the outside...




The Building



The building is actually quite sad, it's not fully constructed, no cafes, no food outlet, nothing. zip.. the first few weeks over there.. we actually have to head over to holland or dover to get lunch.. a tad troublesome.. but beats nothing..
and there was the time, where the elevator actually hung on me!.. hanging 20 to 21 stories in an elevator ain't fun!! i tell yer :P
Thank goodness it's fixed.. though i'll avoid that particular elevator :P




well.. till then.. only a couple more weeks to go..
perhaps i should start my NS countdown?.. hmmm

oh well..

cheers!!

No comments: